I thought I would add something fun to my collection of blogs today. There are hundreds of facts that can be posted about grad school, but I want to focus on 10. These are facts that surprised me and were just down right interesting to know. I hope you enjoy the list.
1) About 13.1% of the population has an advanced degree. This includes Master’s, Professional Degrees, and Doctorates.
2) On average, a Doctorate program takes about 8 years to complete. This varies significantly from field to field.
3) Doctoral attrition rates in North America are estimated to be about 40-50%. Half of the people that start will not finish.
4) The United States has more doctoral graduates than any other country.
5) Individuals that hold a master’s degree earn about 38% more than those with a bachelor’s degree.
6) One average, only about 1.1% of the world’s 25-64 year olds who have been to university, have a PhD.
7) Walden University has the most graduate students as of 2019-2020 academic year.
8) The most common type of graduate degree is a Master’s.
9) There is a Master’s in Imagineering which you can get at Breda University of Applied Sciences, in the Netherlands)
10) There are nearly three times as many men and women becoming attorneys as there were earning a medical degree (MD)
This list was extremely fun to look up and share with you guys and gals. Do you happen to have any interesting facts? They don’t even have to pertain to grad school, I just like reading weird and interesting facts lol. If so, please share them in the comments. I would love to read them. Also, take a look at my other blogs about education (link here). I am sure you will find some other very interesting facts in those articles.