I wouldn’t write this blog unless I was in a stressful situation. I have quite a few things going on in my life so I thought I would share what I do to reduce the stress and become way more productive. Stress can cause all forms of problems, so reducing it is key to a happier and healthier life. Here’s a list of things I do
- Put on classical music or Lofi music
- Drink less caffeine.
- Read an article with something happy in it. I know this one is weird but changing my mood definitely helps
- Follow my breathe. This is more mindfulness than anything
- Remind myself that “This too will pass”
- Watch the scene in Good Will Hunting where Robin Williams and Matt Damon are at the park.
- Watch Good Will Hunting if I have the time lol
- Remind myself to look for the learning experience or the good that comes from the stressful situation. This is usually if I can’t control the stress.
- Call up someone to just talk to. Sometimes by Talking to someone, your stress will significantly be reduced.
- Go on frequent, short, walks
- Get plenty of sleep
- Cook Something or bake something
- Lastly, I stop thinking about the work that needs to be done, and I just do what can be done at the moment. Thinking about the work is wayyyyyyyy harder than actually doing it.
This was a pretty long list of things but I know you can find something in there that will help you. Let me know what you do to reduce stress. I would love to add more to this list.
**If you or someone you know is suffering from mental health issues, I highly recommend that they seek help. Online-Therapy.com or TalkSpace.com are great ways to reach out to a licensed therapist and get the help needed. Therapy has 100% helped me and I know it can help you.