Tomorrow, I turn 29.
It’s amazing how time just moves so quickly after highschool. I hear that it never slows down either. In 29 years on this earth, I have learned a ton of stuff. Some way more useful than others. So, I wanted to share with you 29 things that have helped me get where I am not. Some of these things, I have learned in the past year or so which is fairly exciting. Here’s the list:
- Being kind to others will get you very far
- Exercising the mind is just as important, if not more important, than physical exercise
- Energy drinks are addicting and bad
- Writing each day will increase your creativity
- Uncertainty is a certainty in life
- Just because they say they don’t have Covid, doesn’t mean they don’t have Covid
- Meditation works
- Eating a healthy meal can really boost your day
- Getting barely any sleep and working your life away is nothing to be proud of
- Wood carving is one of the best reducers of anxiety, unless you are using a chainsaw
- Cats make amazing pets
- You will lose friends as you get older.
- You will develop a stronger friendship with the ones that you don’t lose
- Ramen noodles are amazing, but don’t eat them everyday
- Keep politics out of conversations at parties
- People may do bad things, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they are bad people.
- Coffee is a wonderful thing
- Family doesn’t only mean blood relatives
- Travelling the world opens up doors you never knew were there
- Poutine is God’s gift to man
- You can find something good in almost every bad situation
- Therapy works
- Taking time away from social media may be the best thing to do for anxiety
- We all have bad times, but we don’t have to suffer because of them
- Publishing a research paper is hard
- Having a ton of money will not make you happy
- Appreciating what you do have will make you happy
- Life is not always fair
- Happiness is not a destination. It is points on your journey, leading you in the right direction.
The list can go on and on but I think this is a pretty good start. Let me know valuable lessons or literally anything that you have learned in your life. I would love to read about them in the comments. Unfortunately, I may not blog tomorrow since it is my birthday and I’ll be at Disney. I will try and make a post on Sunday, though. Until then, see ya!
**If you or someone you know is suffering from mental health issues, I highly recommend that they seek help. Online-Therapy.com or TalkSpace.com are great ways to reach out to a licensed therapist and get the help needed. Therapy has 100% helped me and I know it can help you.